Whether it be going out for a walk or riding a bike with your friends, this is the time to enjoy the outdoors. Summertime has always been the time where people get to enjoy the warm weather, thus more people walking on the streets. While walking can save you money and make you healthier, it is not always the safest option because of all the pedestrian accidents happening. Abogados de daños personales Buena park are well aware of these accidents, which is why they want to keep the public informed about what things to do and what to avoid.
So, what are the leading causes of these pedestrian accidents?
- Improper use of the road- Pedestrians should know when to cross streets and when not to.
- Unmarked crosswalk- These are crucial, especially in parking lots where drivers are focused on parking their cars.
- Left turns- The number of people that get in accidents on left turns is thrice the number of people that are involved in right turns.
- Electronic devices- Technology has kept us hooked on our phones to the point where we sometimes do not watch where we are going.
- Silent cars- Ideal for peace in neighborhoods but are very hard to hear when coming.
- Dark clothes- 70 percent of pedestrian accidents happen at night, and wearing dark clothes will surely not help.
- Alcohol- Alcoholic substances contribute to a lot of accidents at night, where drivers usually lose focus.
- Highways- With cities developing come the need for more highways. However, most pedestrian accidents happen here.
These are some of the main causes of pedestrian accidents. If you or someone you know gets involved in an accident, do not hesitate to contact Abogados de accidentes de peatones San Clemente.